Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Friend of the Family TV movie

I wrote this on my www.badcb.blogspot.com. It's about a TV movie I saw called A Friend of the Family. It's kind of related to The Vertex Fighter. A Friend of the Family stars Edmonton actor Eric Johnson who I want him to be in my TV movie The Vertex Fighter.

A Friend of the Family also has a blog on Blogger like I do. Here's the post:

A Friend of the Family: I was channel surfing and saw that the TV movie A Friend of the Family was on. It stars my favorite Edmonton actor Eric Johnson. I saw this back in 2006. On imdb.com, it said it came out in 2007, but I remember it was in the summer before I started my first year in Professional Writing.

So anyway, I do remember it was a good TV movie. It's based on a true story about a woman who suspects this man is a serial killer in this small town, but she is finding it hard to prove it.

It's about a woman named Alison Shaw (played by Laura Harris) who escapes being raped by attackers in Toronto. She runs into a man Darris Shaw (played by Eric Johnson) who saves her. They then move to a small town and got married and had a baby.

Their neighbor and upstanding citizen David Snow (played by Kim Coates) is the suspected serial killer. I remember there was a missing poster of a blond woman. Alison looks like her, so she cuts off her hair which is actually a smart move. The entire time I was watching it, I felt tense and lots of suspense.

Alison was able to catch him. There was so much suspense at the end. Check out more info here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439578/

I also found that this TV movie has a blog on Blogger like I do with my The Vertex Fighter script. I thought that was cool. There's more info on the real case here. Check out A Friend of the Family blog here:

http://afriendofthefamilymovie.blogspot.com/

Marriage: Then I thought: "I saw this TV movie about 5 yrs ago, but I'm pretty sure, if I remember correctly, Alison's marriage to her husband ended after that ordeal." I then went and found Amazon.ca and found review of her book. It did said yes, the marriage ended.

http://www.amazon.ca/Friend-Family-True-Story-David/dp/1551990245

I had a flashback because in 2006, after I saw the TV movie, I wrote about it in my weekly email. I said something like: "Maybe it's because I've watched too much Dr. Phil, and have stopped, he still has an effect on me. If Alison and Darris didn't live next door to a serial killer, would they still have stayed married? The killer David Snow has seriously put a wedge between them and gotten between them because Darris (and everybody else) didn't believe in Alison. They didn't believe that David Snow was a killer."

What if Alison and her husband moved somewhere else and never met David Snow? Would they still be together? Look, the point is, is that Alison managed to stop a serial killer. If it meant losing her marriage along the way, she managed to save lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment