Sunday, July 3, 2011

eHow videos on movie distribution/ pitch package checklist

Press and Publicity in Movie Distribution:

Here's a video where the filmmaker says to distribute it to film festivals. You send the film in, and you can be accepted and it will show it. You may even win awards for your film, garnering more publicity.

If you aren't in a rush to get it out to film festivals, then don't submit it. If you want your film out, and to be bought by a distributor and onto video right now, then skip the film festival.

http://www.ehow.com/video_2384828_press-publicity-movie-distribution.html

Technical Quality and Film Distribution:

It's about editing your film and presenting it in a professional and clean way. There is a lot of competition and you need good lighting, sound

http://www.ehow.com/video_2384824_technical-quality-film-distribution.html

Pitch Package: I found this website www.canadianfilmmaker.com about how to make a pitch package. Marguerite Pigott wrote it. I then checked my saved emails, and it turns out I have emailed her before regarding The Vertex Fighter script.

I thought that was kind of an interesting coincidence. Here's part of the article:

"These buyers make decisions based on both business and creative criteria, so your package needs to give them a complete picture of both. Send the following:

- Signed release form, if requested (I can sign that.)

- Completed application form, if requested (I can complete that.)

- Cover letter (I probably have one that's called my script pitch.)

- Budget top sheet or long form, whichever they prefer (I need to work on that.)

- Financing structure (I need to work on that too.)

- Script (I have that completed.)

- Proposed or attached cast list (I have that. Well one actor, MMA fighter Kit Cope. The others are more like actors I imagined in it.)

- Bios for all the key creatives (I have my bio.)

- Proposed production schedule (I need to work on that.)

Additional elements:

- Director's previous films on DVD if the director is not well known

- Director's notes on the project indicating tone, shooting style, use of music, or anything that will give a more complete picture of the finished product

(That's interesting. On my The Vertex Fighter blog, I did mention about what music I can see in the film.)

- If based on source material, sales figures for the source material, such as a video game, novel or comic book

- Any unique elements you think will help communicate your project's appeal to its target audience"


http://www.canadianfilmmaker.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=8


No comments:

Post a Comment