Friday, March 16, 2012

True Life episode about MMA

This is my 2009 blog post from www.badcb.blogspot.com. It's where I first found the MMA fighter Kit Cope.

Jan. 23 Mix Martial Arts: Last night I saw True Life, this show on MTV. They profile three mix martial arts fighters. I had to watch it for my research of my script. It was a lot of fun to watch. They showed them training and how they live their life as fighters.

One guy named Frankie talked about how he was going to a big competition, and then 10days later he's going to get married to his girlfriend of 7 years. Well he lost his fight, but the wedding was good. Then they profiled another guy who is studying graphic design in college and balancing his training. He won his fight. He also has a 3.0 which is really good.

I have to save the best for last and that is Kit Cope. He was funny. After he weighed in at the competition, he went to his hotel room and pigged out. He had to weigh 155 pounds to be in the competition. He says: "Now let's eat some fruit and cookies." lol. He starts unwrapping this really nice fruit basket.

KC: "It's like undressing your prom date."
lol.

All three guys got girlfriends. The epilogue said that KC moved in with his gf, and then two months later they broke up. KC had blown out his knees and there was picture of his opened shoulder wound. I was like: "Ewwww." What was interesting was that after his friends left the hotel, he actually started cleaning up the place. I figured he would let the hotel staff clean it up. I would clean up because I'm a neat freak.

KC: When my friends left, I had to be serious and think about all the situations that could happen in the ring. In the end, I will have my arm being raised at the end of the fight.

Yeah, that's positive thinking. He did win the fight. He was on the ground and he elbowed the guy in the forehead, and blood was spurting all over KC. I was like: "Ewww."

I went on imdb.com and I see that he's 31 years old. Here's his resume and pic. He is hot.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2314576/resume

No comments:

Post a Comment