Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thank you list

This is the list of people who have helped me in The Vertex Fighter script. In Jan. 2008 I started pitching the script.

It wasn't until the professional reader Glynis Whiting read the 24 page 1st draft, and gave me 2 pages of tips, did I go in the right direction of the script. The notes made me push myself and write another 22 pages.

I then sent her the 2nd draft and she gave me another 2 pages of tips. She then directed me to the Writer in Residence at the Edmonton Public Library Conni Massing.

In 2009, Conni Massing read the 4th draft and it was at 72 pages. She gave me some good tips and I managed to finish writing the script. Within 6 months, I pushed myself to get a 90 page script. I sent her a couple more scripts, but in my opinion they weren't very good.

In 2010, the new Writer in Residence Chris Craddock read my script and gave me helpful tips.

In 2011, the new Writer in Residence Marty Chan read it and we discussed it in person.

I also want to thank Josh Miller from Panacea Entertainment from reading the script in Apr. 2009 and again in Nov. 2009.

I want to throw in the producer John Kerr from Crowsnest Films who I met with and discussed the script in person. He read draft 7 and after a lot of work and months later, he read my draft 10 and gave tips on it.

I want to thank Michel Zgarka for telling me what a pitch package is. It has then lead me make one. I have learned a lot about writing from going to college and reading screenwriting books, and meeting and talking with people in the business. However, I haven't heard of a pitch package before until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment