Wednesday, May 16, 2012

job search/ production companies

 This is from my www.badcb.blogspot.com:

May 12 Job search: This has been bugging me.  My friend Angela asking why I didn't think of applying for a TV production company job sooner.  I know she didn't ask that to get me angry, it was a plain question.  I do whatever is easiest, and then when I have that done, I get to the hard tasks.

Getting and working at a regular job is easy.  I got the restaurant job.  Getting an office assistant job is harder to get than a regular job.  An office assistant job is an easier task than getting my script produced.  An office assistant job is also easier than getting a writers/ communications job because companies are often looking for someone with years of experience.

Some of my college writing friends got writer jobs, some don't. 

TV industry: Also Angela said it seems like I don't really know a lot about the TV industry.  If you read my www.thevertexfighter.blogspot.com, there were all these posts about me learning.  I had been watching eHow videos like "How to get money for an Independent Film."  I then take notes as I watch the video and put it on my blog.

Production companies: The things you find when you go through your desk.  I found this piece of paper where I wrote down production companies to pitch to:  

Relativity media: I can actually email them.

Focus Features: I was looking for places to pitch my script and I found Focus Features.  However, it said: "Focus Features is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site."  They said they don't accept unsolicited creative materials, so I can't even give them my idea.  I filed copyright for my The Vertex Fighter script.  I didn't email them.

Blumhouse Productions: It turns out it has moved to Paramount Pictures.  Didn't email.

Platinum Dunes Productions: They make horror movie remakes like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  I did learn that there is going to be a Ninja Turtles movie next year.  Here's some more info below.  Didn't email.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_Turtles_%282013_film%29

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1291150/

Why Not Productions: That's a French company.  Didn't email.

Weinstein Company: They made the documentary Bully.  I can't find contact info.

CBS Films: This company was founded in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment