Thursday, May 24, 2012

music video/ Take Down Entertainment/ Twitter

 This is from my personal blog www.badcb.blogspot.com:

May 11 Music video: This is an old music video from 2005.  It's called "Ghost of You" by My Chemical Romance.  I really like the song and video because it had a real cinematic feel to it.  It's where the band performs at a dance during World War II. 

The band is also shown at the bar having fun.  The band also play soldiers on the battlefield of a beach.  It's very much like the opening scene in Saving Private Ryan.  One of the members Mikey gets shot, and Gerald is screaming to get to him.

I really like 1min 30 sec part where the dance floor turns into the war zone.  It's an emotional and powerful video.  By watching the video, I would have thought this was shot for a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCUpvTMis-Y&ob=av2n

May 14 The Vertex Fighter: The things you find on this desk.  I found a note where I wrote: "Get Giles Panton in The Fighter."  I think I wrote this back in Jan. 2012.  A producer told me that I need to get GP to write down that he is interested in being in it.

Take Down Entertainment: I also found this in my notes.  I also think I wrote this in Jan. 2012.  It turns out I wrote about this in Oct. 2011 on my blog.  I forgot about it.  If you like MMA, you'll like this site:

From the site:

"...we aggregate MMA fights and content from fight promoters, fighters and online publishers, package and distribute it to broadcasters and digital media, develop and license home entertainment and merchandise, sell ad opportunities to brands and sponsors, and market all of it to a global audience of fans."

http://www.takedownentertainment.com/

Frost Fire magazine: I was going through my notes and found "Go to Frost Fire website.  Get published there."  This is a free and good Edmonton magazine I picked up in 2007 when I was in college.  I looked for it on the internet and I only found a writer for it on Myspace.  The post was in 2007:

http://www.myspace.com/in3stees/blog/319318710

I tried to email them, but the email address doesn't work.  I Googled "Frost Fire magazine Edmonton" and I got a Alberta website magazine.  It's pretty safe to say, this magazine doesn't exist anymore.

http://www.mediainalberta.ca/index.php/Lists/magazines-in-alberta.html

Twitter: Another note said: "Set Twitter account for The Vertex Fighter."  I have a blog on blogger about it.  I just set up a Twitter account a few weeks back, and I haven't really used it.

May 15 Nicholas Sparks: It must be the law of attraction.  I was going through my old newspaper clippings and reading writer interviews so I could file it in my manila envelope that's full of it.  I found a 2010 Metro article of Nicholas Sparks.  He wrote the book The Notebook and Dear John that was turned into movies.

He says he doesn't have a Twitter account.  I then check today and he does have one now:

https://twitter.com/#!/sparksnicholas

Here's his official website:

http://www.nicholassparks.com/

I only saw the movie A Walk to Remember and loved it when I was 18 yrs old.  I still have the dvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment