Friday, February 24, 2012

Dialogue

This is from my other blog www.badcb.blogspot.com.

Feb. 20 Dialogue: The Writer in Residence Jocelyn Brown gave me a tip about dialogue when she read the Rain script:

"A very important thing to understand is that dialogue from real life does not necessarily become real in a story. So the IM talk you had does not fit, completely, in the world of your script. It doesn’t matter that it was 'real' in life. Writers have to make things seem real within their invented worlds."

I emailed her back: "You're right about what works in real life, may not exactly translate well in the script. The last Writer in Residence Marty Chan said that to me, but it was over another script (The Vertex Fighter.)"

Feb. 22: I then emailed Jocelyn my next 10 pages of the Rain script. She said she's too busy, and can only give one session per writer, and to come back in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment