Saturday, February 18, 2012

Jocelyn Brown/ Swim Faster Productions/ Rain script

This is from my blog www.badcb.blogspot.com.

Feb. 8 The Vertex Fighter:

Jocelyn Brown: Today is my day off, so I emailed the writer-in-residence Jocelyn Brown on my Rain script. She was supposed to send me her notes on it.

LinkedIn: I also went on LinkedIn and worked on my profile a lot more. It's mainly for these reasons, I listed:

1. To get an office assistant position.
2. To get a writer's job for a magazine or an office.
3. On my side project to get The Vertex Fighter script produced.

Producer: I added the producer Benjamin Ross Hayden on LinkedIn, and he confirmed it. I then emailed him to thank him, and to pitch The Vertex Fighter.

Feb. 9 Swim Faster Productions: I was on microbusiness.ca and found out that they helped build a TV production company called Swim Faster Productions. The student is Joel Abrahamson, who went through the training course to be an entrepreneur.

Feb. 13 Rain script: It was so cool last week. The Writer in Residence (from the Edmonton Public Library) Jocelyn Brown actually read my Rain script that I sent her. She read the first 10 pages. The pros were that she thought the pacing was really good because the story moved fast. The Grant MacEwan Writer in Residence Lynn Coady said that too.

The cons were the dialogue. A lot of writers and producers always said to me that it doesn't sound like real people talking, and that the characters sound the same. I'm working on it.

Characters: The comment I didn't get before is Brown said that my Rain character is more of a type, than an individual. She did say Eddie is the strongest character because he has the most personality. I remember the other EPL Writer in Residence Chris Craddock saying Eddie was his favorite character.

No comments:

Post a Comment