Thursday, October 27, 2011

Take Down Entertainment/ Spooktree Films/ June short film

This is from my "Tracy's Blog" at www.badcb.blogspot.com. I'm going to put it here because it's relevant to The Vertex Fighter.

Oct. 24 Take Down Entertainment: I found this on my TV production search. It's about promoting mix martial arts (MMA). Check it out:

http://www.takedownentertainment.com/

Oct. 25 Spooktree Films: I was pitching my script and I found this production company called Spooktree Films. I saw the trailer to Whisper Creek. It's a really good sci-fi/ action story. It takes place at a mental hospital and Jimmy is a patient who doesn't talk. A woman comes to visit him and then transmits a power to him.

Later that night Jimmy starts talking and he gets into a fight and escapes from the hospital. There was good suspense, tension, and mystery involved. Check it out:

http://www.spooktree.com/

Mike Miller: I also found this 5min short film while pitching my script. It's called Oops. It's about CIA operatives tracking down a terrorist for 6 months. There's going to be a review soon, and if they don't show any progress, they will lose funding and their jobs. They decided to doctor pictures that they found the terrorist in these cities. However, the plan kind of goes sideways.

I really liked it and was impressed with it. It could be used as the first five minutes of a feature length film, and the lie gets bigger and bigger. Check it out, it's only 5min:

http://writer-director.com/

Oct. 26 June short film: I was looking for more production companies and I found one called nine40. Here's the short film June. I watched the 2min, 50 sec clip. It was shot so beautifully as a guy tells a story of how he fell in love with a girl.

It starred Kerry James (Caleb from Heartland) as a cowboy. Not too much of a stretch for him. I really liked it, check it out:

http://vimeo.com/channels/nine40

Script pitch: Today was my day off and it was very productive. I looked for a job and I pitched my script. A producer emailed and called me today saying that he wants to read it. So I sent it to him.

Pitching my script is what drives me. When someone shows some interest in my script, I get excited and this rush comes. It's like I'm making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment