Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My production company/ saying/ script pitch

I put this on my personal blog called www.badcb.blogspot.com, but I do find it has relevance to The Vertex Fighter:

My production company: I was going through this Edmonton magazine Frost Fire issue Fall 2007. I see this ad for Microbusiness Training Centre. It can help and train you to start a business. Then I thought: "I'll start my own production company." I emailed them and I'm waiting for their reply.

I'm sure a lot of you guys think: "That's a crazy idea. Why?" Well I've been pitching my script for nearly 4 years to all these production companies in Canada. I've been rejected by all of them. I might as well start my own company and produce this script.

Check out their website: www.microbusiness.ca

Oct. 10: I read the ad and it said that if you have been on EI in the past 3 yrs, I may qualify to get paid while I learn how to make my own business. It also said if I'm under 34 yrs old, I could qualify for business financing through the Canadian Youth Business Foundation. We'll see.

I have never thought to make my own production company until last week. I always thought of getting my script produced through a company or working at a studio.

Saying: I found this on the National Post business section on Sept. 27, 2011. There was a blog written by a recent graduate named Greg Illson. He wrote about getting an MBA and he said: "Sometimes the best way to get out of a rut is to make your own path."

When I was 11 yrs old, I did go to a TV audition and I got rejected. I then thought: "I'll write my own script and give a role for myself." I even remember years later Halle Berry even said that about how there should be more good roles for women, and to write the roles. I was at Deb Green Casting website recently and it said the same thing that HB said.

By creating my own production company, I am creating my own path.

Script pitch: I haven't done this in a few months, but I found some more contacts to pitch my The Vertex Fighter script to.

No comments:

Post a Comment