"Follows a locally born and bred S.W.A.T. lieutenant who is torn between loyalty to the streets and duty to his fellow officers when he's tasked to run a highly-trained unit that's the last stop for solving crimes in Los Angeles."
1. There is good action and lots of it. The first scene was of the SWAT team chasing some arms dealers. There is a shoot out, chasing, jumping over the fence, and running on roofs. A helicopter comes.
I even said to the bad guys: Split up!
They then did.
I loved the beginning so much that after the pilot, I rewatched the first scene.
2. There is good writing. There is lots of drama, conflict, and tension as the team have to save lives. There is lots of suspense.
3. There is good acting by Hondo (Shemar Moore from Criminal Minds). I felt emotional as he talks to a victim at the hospital.
4. They dealt with race and police.
5. There was a motorcycle chase scene and it was fun to watch.
6. There are surprises.
Spoiler alert: A white guy gets shot at the rally.
Spoiler alert: The new recruit Jim (Alex Russel) says that Buck put his mom in jail.
7. There is good ethnic diversity.
My opinion: It was good and all, but I didn't watch it again.
Wisdom of the Crowd:
"A tech innovator creates a cutting-edge crowd-sourcing hub to solve his own daughter's murder, as well as revolutionizing crime solving in San Francisco."
1. The idea was good to solve his daughter's murder. It was realistic too. We do have an Amber Alert for missing kids.
2. The dialogue is good:
"From humble beginnings, come big things."
"People want to be part of something meaningful."
3. There are good surprises:
Spoiler alert: They get hacked.
Technology and crime- fighting put together:
APB: Does anyone remember this show came out in mid- season 2017?
"After witnessing a violent crime, a tech billionaire purchases a troubled police precinct, rebooting it as a private police force."
Frankie Drake Mysteries:
"The series follows Frankie Drake, a female private detective operating in Toronto in the 1920s."
1. If you like private investigation shows like Angel and Veronica Mars, you may like this. Or mysteries.
2. The characters are mainly women and likeable. It has Lauren Lee Smith from The Listener in it.
Spoiler alert: Frankie meets her mom.
My opinion: It was good, but I didn't really find it interesting.
1. The show had it's own world with it's own sets, costumes.
2. Good fight scenes. There were some good action sequences.
3. The dialogue:
"The difficulties strengthen the mind, as well as labor does the body."
I should put that in my inspirational quotes.
1. It was boring.
A group of people going on one planet to another:
My opinion: I watched the first 2 eps that aired together and then I never watched it again.
Star Trek: Discovery:
"Ten years before Kirk, Spock and the Enterprise, the USS Discovery discovers new worlds and lifeforms as one Starfleet officer learns to understand all things alien."
1. It was a good production, scenery, special effects.
2. Ethnic diversity.
3. There is drama, conflict, and tension when characters are in danger.
4. Good dialogue.
Sarek: When emotions bring us ghosts from the past, only logic can root us in the present.
I should put this in my inspirational quotes.
Cons: It was very boring. It was like one of the most boring pilots I ever watched.
My opinion: I never watched it again.
"In a world where mutated humans are treated with distrust and fear, an institute for mutants battles to achieve peaceful co-existence with humanity."
1. There is lots of drama, conflict, and tension with the family going on the run.
2. There is good actors dad Stephen Moyer (True Blood), Amy Acker (Angel), son Percy Hynes White (Between) and Natalie Alyn Lind.
3. Ethnic diversity.
4. The Stan Lee cameo.
5. The special effects of the super powers. It's exciting to watch.
A family on the run: It was done on the TV movie Family in Hiding:
My opinion: It was average. I probably would have liked this show more if I was teen. I never watched it again.
May 25, 2018: I'm writing so much about TV because the shows season finales are ending. Also all these shows are getting renewed or cancelled. Also I have been reading these new falls shows that will be coming.
May 25, 2018 Tru Space: