Sunday, July 20, 2014

MacEwan University programs review (P to W)/ NAIT



This is on my www.badcb.blogspot.ca.  The NAIT part is about TV production programs so it fits into this blog.

Jun. 20 MacEwan University:

Post Basic Nursing Practice Hospice Palliative Care and Gerontological Nursing: This sounds kind of depressing to me where nurses work at a hospice where they have to take care of terminally ill people.


Preparation for University and College: These are high school classes.


Professional Golf Management: I have no interest in golf.


Jun. 21 Psychiatric Nursing: You have to take human anatomy and physiology.  I thought it was just going to be psychology class, but psychiatry does have medicine with the mental health.


Special needs educational assistants: I don’t have patience to teach kids, and not with special needs.


Physical/Occupational Therapist Assistant: Human anatomy and physiology classes.


Therapist Assistant-Speech Language Pathologist Assistant: Classes like Normal Development of Speech, Language, and Literacy.


Travel: I don’t know about the job security of this position.  You can become a travel agent, but there are a lot of people who book their own trips on the internet.

Graduates work at travel agencies, but also hotels and tour guides.  You can be a branch and sales manager.


University Studies International:  “helps international students attain admission to a MacEwan University program.”


Wound management Post-basic Certificate: You have to be a registered nurse or other health care professional to get in.


Review: I looked up all the MacEwan University programs from Jun. 18-21.  I have looked up some of their programs like Public Relations before this.  Now that I went through each program, I see that MacEwan has a lot of medical majors.

Analysis paralysis: This is what people do when they over- analyze everything, and not make a decision.  Here it is on Wikipedia:

“Analysis paralysis or paralysis of analysis is an anti-pattern, the state of over-analyzing (or over-thinking) a situation so that a decision or action is never taken, in effect paralyzing the outcome.

A decision can be treated as over-complicated, with too many detailed options, so that a choice is never made, rather than try something and change if a major problem arises. A person might be seeking the optimal or "perfect" solution upfront, and fear making any decision which could lead to erroneous results, when on the way to a better solution.”


My opinion: I want to say I’m not in analysis paralysis.  I’m stuck and I don’t know which direction I want to go to.  So I looked up all these MacEwan programs to see what interests me.

Do you remember last year I went to NAIT’s buddy system by going into the Baking program for a day?  After I was there for the morning, I learned that it’s not really the program for me.

Jun. 22 NAIT: After I took the Graphic Communications program at NAIT, I started applying to other programs there.

Radio and TV-TV program: I tried to get in for Fall 2004 intake.  I got rejected.  I then tried again with Fall 2005 intake with my sister’s help on my Career Investigation report.  I got rejected.  I told the registrar to put it in for Winter 2006 intake, and also got rejected. 

Yeah, well at least I tried.  There isn’t really a guarantee I will pass the program.   Also there isn’t a guarantee I will get to become a TV producer after this program.


Radio and TV-Radio program: I applied this in Fall 2005 intake with my sister’s help.  I got rejected.  I put my application for Winter 2006 intake, and also got rejected.

That’s fine.  I feel like it still wasn’t totally my passion.  I applied because if I can’t get into TV, I will get to somewhere close to it like Radio.


Radio and TV courses- non- credit: I don’t remember seeing this before.


RATTV100: Radio audio production and fundamentals.


RAT- TV200:

Launch yourself into a television workshop setting. Students will learn the basics of television production and be introduced to the operations of simple and advanced broadcast equipment. Basic lighting and shooting techniques are covered, along with direction and production techniques. Students will be introduced to television cameras, video-tape, broadcast systems and the use of audio and video control rooms. There will be several hands-on exercises using professional broadcast equipment. In addition, students will learn the basic principles of on-camera presentation.

This course will be given consideration as a media course when applying for admission to the full-time Radio & Television Program.


My opinion: This looks kind of interesting.


Final Cut Pro –X: How to use this editing program.

No comments:

Post a Comment