Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Linked In/ Stage 32/ 10 yr old blogger Hannah Alper



 This is from www.badcb.blogspot.ca:

Jan. 18 Linked In: I signed up to get into this Linked In group about writing and screenwriting.  I got this one:


"Another year of sweat and tears and all for nothing"

Raymond Thyer Author and Screenplay Writer Top Contributor
G'day, a new year has begun and another has passed by. What happened? I did all I could above and beyond the call of necessity and paid money to websites to make known my screenplays to movie Producers, I sent emails, letters and even paid for a professionally made video to give to movie makers instead of sending many words for them to read about my screenplays and once more I sat before my keyboard and it was new year's eve again and suddenly I realised that two other previous new year's eves had passed by and I asked myself is it worth the effort again this new year? I think my stories are no better nor are they much worse than what I see in cinemas and on television. 

Where have I failed? What more should I have done this last year and what should I do now to find a movie maker/ Producer to look at my screenplays. Do you know if you do please email me at ray.thyer@bigpond.com and I will be eternally grateful, I wish you all a happy and prosperous new year. Thanks in advance, Ray downunder.


 
Screenwriter/Playwright at Freelance
You must find a way to enjoy the climb up. I was working/writing/submitting for 8 years before I broke in. And I consider myself lucky.

But you must remember ...this time...before you are a professional, is actually the best part. Right now you can write ANYTHING you want.

The moment you break in you will have producers dictating everything you write. And how quickly you write it. And then making you rewrite it to be worse. And then the director will change everything. And you first three scripts you are paid to write you will average about $3 an hour writing because that's how many hours it takes even at guild minimum.

So enjoy what you can at the moment. The freedom to write what is in your heart, the way you want to write it. And that positive love for your craft/art will help you not only become a better writer but will attract helpful people in the industry. No one wants to date the desperate girl. People want to work with people who are happy and "don't need it"

Keep writing. Two of the writers I coach are from Australia and are doing pretty well.

Jess

Jan. 20 Stage 32: I’m going through all these emails from this social network group Stage 32.  I joined it about a year ago.  I see that I do have network requests and some are from Edmonton, and it’s some are in the US.  Mainly it’s people I don’t know.

At least with Linked In, it’s with people I do know like my friends, college classmates, and co-workers.
I’m deleting a lot of my Stage 32 emails.  Stage 32 has all these live webinars and they cost money.  I never paid to see them.

There is a section called "Stage 32 Success stories."

There are also lots of "Introduce Yourself" weekends where you post about yourself.

Tip of the week, Blog updates. 

Sorry I don't really see the point of Stage 32 - just another disctraction from work! Who cares who is in who's network? Prove me wrong!
What you focus on grows. If you cant see potential then you won't find it.

My opinion: I feel like my TV script isn’t going to get produced.

I’ll write about TV shows and movies to get me inspired.  Then maybe I could write a script and be motivated to pitch my script.

I will also put up articles about TV shows being produced in Canada and that shows that it’s possible.

Jan. 28: Yesterday I deleted 35 emails from Stage 32.  I had put them all in a folder in my inbox.  I had over 300 emails in it.  It had a lot of Network requests and Weekly Writer Store emails.  It wasn’t a lot of reading, but more like notifications.

Jan. 31 Hannah Alper: Eric Alper sent me this article about Hannah Alper.  She’ 10 yrs old and a blogger:
Hannah Alper has been called many things: “The future of social media”, “Eco-Warrior”, “Changemaker” and “Activist”. At 10 years old, she is all of these things. To celebrate the holiday season, Hannah interviewed Band Aid's Midge Ure on the importance of using your voice, the power of community, lessons to learn from music and why "Do They Know It's Christmas?" still holds up after 29 years -http://www.callmehannah.ca/2013/12/17/my-interview-with-band-aids-midge-ure/
Hannah created her blog, www.CallMeHannah.ca at 9 years old, with the goal of sharing her growing knowledge and concern for the environment. 

Having always loved animals, Hannah made the connection between animals and the effects of environmental destruction on their habitats and lives. Hannah has become an engaged global citizen seeking to further her own understanding of her connection to and responsibility to the world. Believing that even the little things that we do add up to make a difference, her journey and discovery meet her call to action through her blog.  Issues that Hannah has written about in the past year include eco-friendly living, fair trade, bullying, clean water and child labour. She seeks inspiration and motivation from those who have come before her and regularly features the stories of her role models on her blog.

Not limiting herself to her laptop, Hannah has put her words into actions. She organized a shoreline cleanup in her community, was the youngest WWF  Earth Hour Team Captain in 2013 and spoke at the WWFs Earth Hour event in Toronto, was the official “on the ground eco-blogger” for the JUNO Awards and launched We Create Change. 

 Her impassioned speech at two local schools motivated her peers to collect 97,500 pennies for Free The Children’s clean water projects, which led her to be a featured speaker on Free The Children's We Day across North America. An effective communicator, Hannah is comfortable and confident on both sides of the camera or in front of a crowd. She has honed her skills as an interviewer through conducting interviews with Craig Kielburger, Spencer West and Severn Suzuki. Hannah has appeared on CanadaAM, The Marilyn Dennis Show, APP Central, CBC’s Fresh Air and The George Stroumboulopoulos Show and hundreds of media outlets across Canada.  She has been featured in a spotlight from Chickadee Magazine and named as a Champion of the Earth in Owl Magazine. She also recently wrote a post for Yahoo worldwide on her advice for new-school wary kids: http://shine.yahoo.com/blogs/author/hannah-alper-kid-blogger-ycn-1776223/ and has a spotlight in Scholastic's Choices Magazine: http://teenbeing.com/life-skills/tween-blogger-love-hannah-alper/

Let me know if you need anything else, and thanks, as always, for reading!

Best,
Eric

My opinion: I checked out her blog.  It’s pretty good.  She writes, does interviews, and takes pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment