Thursday, June 21, 2012

titles/ Cabin in the woods location

This is from my www.badcb.blogspot.com

Jun. 12 Writing: I'm going to do some brainstorming here by writing about writing.

Titles: I was thinking about titles for my script like Dark Rain.  However, the word "dark" is often used in scary movies like Left in Darkness (2006), Darkness Falls (2003), Darkness (2002). 

There were also titles that aren't for scary movies like the TV action series Dark Angel and the Batman movie The Dark Knight.

Cabin in the woods location: There's a movie called The Cabin in the Woods written by Buffy creator Joss Whedon and Buffy writer Drew Goddard.  I have read really good reviews about it and how there are really good plot twists.  It's like a parody making fun of the cliche of stereotypical teens going to a cabin to party.

There's more to what meets the eye because the teens are under observation by some unknown group of scientists.  I haven't seen it though, so I don't totally know.  Here's the imdb.com site:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1259521/

The cabin in the woods is a common location for a scary movie because of the isolation.  There is no place to run, but into the dark woods.  The police can't come to rescue you, or at least not get there very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment